Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Rendezvous

Up the rolling hills ever so high,
I start to climb; weary of the sins I load
On my soul, which joins my body in a sigh.
Path is so steep and winding is the road
I reach the bowl of the Lord after many a rest.
I feel serene and calm, outside too.
Shivering in the cold, I take a holy dip with zest.
And I join the crowd, pious and true.
Queue circles and slithers like the serpent of the Lord
Every move makes the crowd chant His name
All diverse in demographics, united in the God
Poor and rich; To Him they are one and the same
About to meet the Lord, of the hills that are seven
I quiver and quake. Only His name I say
Bestowed His presence, I am in heaven
I break down in bliss as I am pulled along the way
With unbearable thirst I wandered like a nomad
Scorched by the heat; the spawn of my sins
Trembling in His presence; deliriously glad
Two eyes not enough to see Him, the saviour prince
I came out in peace, and my heart is content
As no earthly riches can give me such ecstasy
His enigmatic smile! I wonder what Balaji meant.
Again I'd be summoned, that is my fantasy!

3 comments:

janani said...

Wow! Gr8 poem. Tirupati is a very fascinating experience!

Jinguchakka said...

Thanks janani, Tirupati is always cathartic for me. :-)

cutefreaky said...

wow...its a nice poem ...made me feel am on the hill..

I have walked to tirupati a couple of times and my most unexplainable feeling was poetically expressed in your poem.

( i have the goldn temple as my wall paper in my cell phone.. it is something always spl to look up ..anytime)

by the way..thanks for visitin my blog. I just took the code from online (eNzoiiiiiiiiii) and posted in my template..

feel free to email to my id cutefreaky@yahoo.com

take care
sukhanya