Saturday, July 02, 2005

Inspection

Today our land lady made a visit. She's in Delhi and she hasn't seen us before.A pretty decent lady ( She hesitated on how to inspect our house without being considered an invasion). I understood and then offered her, which she with relief accepted. She saw the hall, kitchen and my room (only mine, not my room-mate's) She said "Badiya" which I understood to be some form of praise and beamed at her.Good for me that she spoke and understood English too. By the way, I should inform here that our servant maid is now adept in sign-language!
When we occupied the house it was bare with no shelves, nothing at all (Indori ishtyle). Our land lady rubbed it in saying that they had "given away" the almirahs and other wooden furnishings when they moved to Delhi. I seethed inside at this, while she, as if reciting a shayari, repeated that!! Any way, I bragged on to my room-mate (after our land lady left) that having seen my room and only due to that, the land lady was satisfied! My room-mate having emerged from his dark room(I forgot krupa , the word for that), snorted at this. Yeah, he has converted his room into a cave by imposing a black-out, while the rest of the home shines in light. Actually I'm lazy to buy curtains, but that's another story. Coming back to the main topic, (I digress a lot) we exchanged cards and then our land lady left having politely refused my gallant offer of "coffee ya complan".
Oh, I'm leaving out an important thing. The land lady was accompanied by her daughter!!!!! The daughter made an early exit, though. :-(

1 comment:

Karthik N said...

did u say you exchanged ur visiting cards??
Someone is going to need that.