Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Dali in me

Sitting in my cube,
I am fighting with my work.
All at once my body goes still
The monster within takes control
Rather goes mad; out of control
Seeing things that I cannot feel
With blistering pace explodes asunder,
My ribcage, cube and the ceiling.
It travels out in the open sky
Bones broken, to surge and fly
My head is throbbing to no avail
Frantic is the soul, flailing,
thrashing about and trying to flee.
Mighty ship, the anchor weighs in
My monitor stares at the futile cry
Startled, I awake as my whole subsides in
Knowing not what happened, the world passes by.

3 comments:

Bored Housewife said...

wow...that was really beautiful! I'm sure I've felt that same way...many times...

janani said...

kadavul padi mirugam padi
kalandu seida kalavai nan! :-)

gud one.

Jinguchakka said...

@Lisa: thanks!! And I am not alone! :-)

@janani: very very apt janani. lol