Thursday, July 28, 2005

Murphy's laws which I got to verify!

When I try cooking and as a result dishes overflow in the sink, servant maid will take a leave of absence.

Only last and first weeks of the month will see the servant maid in full attendance.

Paying salary to the servant maid will always make her fall sick afterwards.

If I sprain my right wrist at the bowling alley, I'll definitely sprain my right foot afterwards, making my one side pain-challenged! ("It hurts like hell" is not a politically correct term).


When I have a con call at 9.30 AM, I'll wake up only at 9.00 AM

When I am on time, my team lead will never require me. But when I'm late getting ready to office, he has to call me on my mobile, enquiring my whereabouts, being absent for the con call.

When I'm hungry at 5 PM, there won't be any birthday parties in the canteen where I can have freebies.

When I get an invite for a birthday party an urgent assignment will prevent me having a go at the snacks and I'll be tied to my cube.

All parties and treats will be given within a short period of time, say a week, making me sick of them for that span and easier on the hosts' pockets.

When the dinner treat is on me, office canteen lunch will be at its worst making my friends go easy on the lunch and all too prepared for dinner!

There are other very valid laws, which I will not put here, for that will make my blog a real tearjerker!

6 comments:

janani said...

Awwww! Cheer up. Hope tmw is better!

Leon said...

Amusing indeed.. :-)

Jinguchakka said...

@janani - Thanks for being there, buddy

@Leon - Reading them is fun. But getting to verifying them, that's another story!

Primalsoup said...

Hehe. One of the problems with this Murphy person is that he has only a few favourites who will encounter him with alarming frequency! *Sigh*

And you'll have Birthday parties in canteen? Wait, you'll have a canteen? Wow! The woes of working for a poor organization I tell you...

Jinguchakka said...

@Primalsoup - very true. He has pets whom he'll bestow continously.
And yeah, a good canteen where food cooked then & there gets served hot!:-)))

Vinesh said...

Very witty post buddy. Enna pannradhu, forced to laugh at your woes...but YOU'RE responsible for that, haha :-)