Friday, March 03, 2006

Hasta Manana! *

Today morning I start for office. It's a 35-40 min drive from my home.
Today as I start my car, I notice that's the climate is very cool, after being around 40 - 50 degrees (fahrenheit) for the past 10 days.
And when I come out onto the road, there are flurries!
It's nearly 3 weeks since we had snow! Usually I become careful when it's snowing! A bit tense and watchful while driving!
Today I was happy at seeing the flurries falling on the windscreen and with reluctance set the wipers to work.
I daily pass through a forest preserve on my way to work. Usually I never relax to notice. Today it's different. Because I know that probably I may not be seeing the snow again this season and so wanted to enjoy.

Climate chilly

Vishnu Sahasranaamam by Smt.Vedavalli playing in the car

Flurries falling

And Nature by the roadside trying to regain its beauty after the autumn shedding.

One never appreciates something which is always beside oneself. Only at the prospect of getting separated from something, one realises its value!
I was bidding farewell to the snow before I see it again.

Hasta Luego!!

* - Good old ABBA!

5 comments:

Casablanca said...

And no pictures to show? :(

Paravai said...

snowa pAthadum kushi Ayirupeengale... intha thadavai idikka rear view mirrorla yArum thenpadalainu sollunga... atha vittutu snow fallingAm... song playingAm... autumn sheddingAm... ide chennaila parAk pAthuttu OttirundeengannA "veetla sollitu vanduttiyA bEmAninu..." nAlu vAlthukkal kedachurukkum...

janani said...

lol @ paravai's comment! :-)

If the weather was so beautiful and pleasant, I wouldn't be playing vishnu sahasranamam in my car! :-)

Jinguchakka said...

@casa - You are right! I should have captured it for posterity!

@paravai - :-)

@janani - Well, in the morning, it instils peace in me. I like to start the office day that way!

Viewer said...

Today ifeel exactly the same way the only difference is that it drizzled here a bit :)