Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Meeting Mr.Murphy

Murphy does his thing (Part I)
We have a walk-through scheduled this week. And I have taken responsibility for a crucial area that has to be done first before anyone could start their work. We'll have to start at 9.00 AM and since another team is involved, my lead cautions everyone to be at 9.00 sharp. That doesn't matter to me as I come well in time always.

Last night my cold and cough after a week or so finally get my attention. I down two alka-seltzers, take a dash of cough syrup and lie down earlier than usual. Drugged I sleep for ten straight hours! When I get up it's eight already and in an hour I'm supposed to spear head a delivery.

8.00 - I get up
8.13 - Brushing, Shaving, Shower done
8.35 - I start my car, get on the interstate expressway, not minding the toll today.
8.59 - Reach office!

Murphy acting up - Part II
9.00 - I rush in like a whirlwind dump my bag, jacket and start the system. I ask my colleague whether the previous day's work by another team is done which we have a dependency on. I come to know that there has been an environment issue, which means baton won't come to me for another day!!

I need not have bothered getting up at all!
Murphy's world, after all!

7 comments:

Paravai said...

yahooooo!!!... all that BRUT splash on wasted??? feelin better now...

janani said...

Aren't you happy that your big thing is postponed?? :-) I would have been. :-)

Viewer said...

Awww hope ur health is better and cheer up yaar after all ur work is postponed not preponed !

Casablanca said...

Oh but incase you didnt make it on time, the schedule wouldnt have been revised. Trust good ol' Murphy for that ;)

Jinguchakka said...

@paravai - Delayed but not denied! :-)

@janani - But the person from another team whom you are supposed to work with happens to be one of the better specimens of the opposite gender, you wouldn't be happy.

@viewer - Thank you! :-)

@Casa - You are 100 % right, Casa!

Aswin Rao said...

dude, one piece of advice.
Next time you are bogged down by cold and cough try the following paati kaalathu vaithiyam
1 large MC brandy
10 ml hot water
a little ginger
mix panni adi maame!
(adutha naal oru yezhavum puriyadhu)
*hic*

Jinguchakka said...

@ hbh - I'd like to try that dude. But I can't! :-(