Monday, March 27, 2006

Gentlemen finish last!

The team I am part of, has completed the current assignment we were on. It's walk through time and so a lazy week last one was. I hold back from doing all the stuff acting as a sort of trouble-shooter. No trouble -> no shooting -> No work! Gawking at the females who are part of the walked-through team was our main occupation. Me and my friend N, who is from Vietnam, exchange notes.

N: Dude! 'S' has a fiance!
Me: Hmmm...How did you know this? Thought you were executing scripts.
N: We "talk", dude!

A bit later,
N: 'A' is a bit skinny.
Me: I remember seeing a ring on her finger three months back, which is now gone.
N: Oh! Those things don't mean a thing. And she smiled at me today.
Me: Excuse me. I am the single guy here.
N: But I am the more aggressive one.
Me: So what? you are married, Man!

Unfazed, N continues,
N: I'll get 'A' to go out.
Me: What!!
N(mollifying): We'll go out as a team.
Me(ever the gawky tourist): I'll bring the camera with me.
N: No way! I don't want any evidence for my wife!

Here we stop and part ways for the weekend!

Monday comes.
A middle aged femme J is responsible for signing-off some of our work. Our team lead guy P asks, "Who wants to finish that walk-through?"
I, keeping quiet, let it go.
J(humorously): Oh! I have two guys competing for me? I like it.
N(acting as a big help): He is the single guy (pointing at me)!
I grit at the wise-crack.
I show P the responsibilities I already have and beg-off.

5 comments:

Paravai said...

ha ha ha...Silmisam continues...

Casablanca said...

So, did N go out with A, leaving you alone for a boring weekend? ;)

By Deepa and Supriya said...

hey jinguchakka,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Haven't had a chance to read all your posts yet but I am going to be definitely back....easy read, varied topics, good sense of humor. Nice work!!

btw, nice to know someone else listens to Vishnu Sahasranaman in the car as well :)

Jinguchakka said...

@paravai - arasiyal'la idhellam sagajamappa!
@casa - Nope. I had a great weekend, actually.
@orchid - thanks for your praise. A little flattery is good for my health! :-)

Viewer said...

"I remember seeing a ring on her finger three months back, which is now gone." Gosh u are so observent Are all guys like that :)


Me: Excuse me. I am the single guy here.
N: But I am the more aggressive one.


I kinda like this N has very smart ansers :))