Tuesday, February 28, 2006

All that she wants!

Why do females get what they want for gifts while men get what the females want to gift?
A burning question in my mind. The females get perfumes, cards, accessories, all those pink and lavender stuff they need (they think) while men get shirts (n+1 th, come on! we can do with max 3, 4 shirts and that's too much), cards (!!), men's perfumes (Deo is ok, but perfumes are yuck)....such stuff. No man except a few metrosexuals lurking around need such stuff. Why don't anybody gift trousers to a man? Every man needs that and all he is given is shirts and some more shirts. And what about razors! They get blunt easily with everyday use and they are always needed.Why can't they be given as gifts? Socks! Don't we ever need them, like a thousand pairs! To me razors, socks,jeans, coffee powder (yes!!) make the most thoughtful gifts. Ofcourse I don't mind the occasional iPod or a metal CD. :-)


* - I like Ace of Base for their smooth sound. They make for very good light listening.

12 comments:

M (tread softly upon) said...

you need to be more vocal about ur needs I guess. I am always at a loss when it comes to buying something for my hubby. I try to get him something that I believe he wanted. except that he changes his wants faster than I can keep track and yesterday's wishlist is already trash.

Jinguchakka said...

Now that you know my wants, all you need to know is my address, right?
:-))

Paravai said...

gaurava pichai... gift ellAm avungalA kudukkanum... ipdi public place la kEttu vAnga koodAthu...

Madhooo said...

Hmm...thanks for giving me ideas abt gifts for my hubby.;)

One thing that caught my attention was that your posts have song names as their titles. And I think that is really cool.:))

Jinguchakka said...

@paravai - Chillax, buddy!

@madhoo - :-) And the post titles have a reason. A little research and you will know! :-)

Viewer said...

I always am confuised when it comesto buying gifts for my friends (guys)and acutally end up buying shirts ,Ts the usual thing

Now I know what men want ..thanks for the pointers

M (tread softly upon) said...

oh sure...........:)

janani said...

Good publicity for March 13! :-)

Jinguchakka said...

@viewer - Those are my views. So beware! :-)

@m - Thanks!

@janani - shhhh!

Casablanca said...

Sorry sweetheart, but there's no chance that I'll EVER gift socks or razors to anyone!! Eeesh! Dont we buy gifts that have a pleasant feel to them? That remind you of someone? That bring a smile on the face? I dont want to be blamed if someone cuts himself during his shave. Nope, not taking that responsibility. And shirts fit far more easily than say trousers. Cant be blamed for thinking someone is 'fat' and get the wrong waistline, can we ;)

Jinguchakka said...

You mean Razors/socks don't bring happiness to men?
After one day, I start missing my razor.
And socks I need them always.
I was just pointing out the things that men need.
Ofcourse I'll accept shirts happily! I look at the intention not the gift. :-)
Your intent be better an iPod!
LOL

Karthik N said...

March 13 Am thEthi purandha nAlnathum... ippadi oru posta pottu...

wish list vera create panni vachi irrukEnga...