Friday, February 10, 2006

Let it be

You step on a thorn. It embeds itself. After some efforts, you remove it. But still there's a niggling for quite some time.

I have the feeling now, for the past 6 days. I read an article in our local paper. A guy dies in a traffic accident. He all of 21 years. His mother plants a cross by the road as a memorial. There being creeps among humans, the memorial gets stolen. And for the past seven months somebody's removing all the memorials the grieving mom places. The reporter further talked to her and brought her anguish. And what she said refuses to go away from me, still.

“You never get over the loss. There is always that hole in my heart. Having a child is like having your heart walking outside of your body.”

The full article

7 comments:

totti said...

i guess the loss of someone close without knowing how it happened would be quite disturbing too.

M (tread softly upon) said...

Death is always unsettling and disturbing. Human life or otherwise. But losing a child is probably the hardest. How does one get over something like that?

ashoketewari said...

well, m(tread...) ... i dun know abt losing a child, but losing my soulmate would be the most disturbing to me ... how do you differentiate between your mate and your child,in terms of attachment ?

btw, jiguchakka...do i know you ?

Jinguchakka said...

@pooja - true. But a mother's feelings towards her kid is something special.
@totti - "without knowing how it happened"? Well, I am not sure I get you.
@m - Time is the greatest healer.
@coke - I don't know you. But I am not sure whether you know me or not! :-)

Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

some ppl r so sick...really 1 can never really get over losing some1 close to them...

Casablanca said...

lump in my throat... :(

BB said...

Well it is definetly hard to digest death! especially if its someone you care abt!