Thursday, June 29, 2006

Have you had this happen to you?

It is almost six months since I took any kind of leave.
I, having planned to make the coming long weekend a longer weekend, broach this topic with my client and my own managers.
I tell them that I plan to skip office for 2 days.
Client says "No problem".
Then I approach my onsite manager. A pretty senior manager this one, heads the entire delivery team at the client end.
She asks me to shoot a mail, just in case she forgets about it.
About to leave, I blurt out the reason for my planned absence. I plan to go on a long road trip, I tell her. I also tell her the places on my plan, the routes I'd take and so on.She just nods and wishes me well.
Next morning, I get a mail from her, asking me to have fun.
Also attached to the mail is a document generated out of a software detailing the routes I told her I'd take, the times, places to stay, map etc.
This doesn't fit in any Dilbert strip, right?
It's a warm and sunny day out here.

10 comments:

4wD said...

That IS quite odd... don't stay at any of the places she tells you about. ANd take another route.

ligne said...

Isnt she just being nice and apparnetly very attentive?

janani said...

Sheesh! Bring her here to Hyd I say! :-)

Has to be me said...

Wow! Nalla boss.
PS - remember to keep ur cell phone off!!! :)
Thats what happened 2 me on my long holiday trip. I was bombarded with unnecessary official calls.
So watch it & have a wonderful holiday.

Chitra said...

Wow....cool! Enjoy your holiday :)!

Viewer said...

HEY COME BACK WIT PICS AND STORIES ABT UR TRIP ENJOY!

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Seems like a nice manager who actually listens. Have a fun trip

Mythreyee said...

pretty nice female!!! hope yer havin fun!!!! :)

Casablanca said...

I smell trouble ;)

Have a fun trip, and send her a postcard!

Jinguchakka said...

@4wd - Oh No! She just gave me the map to the route I told her.

@ligne - yup.

@janani - Why do you need her? ippO neeye team lead, neeye team member. unaku yedhuku manager yellAm? :-)

@hastobeme - I am not that important to be called during vacation. So no probs there. :-) I had a wonderful holiday, thanks!

@chitra - I enjoyed my hols. Thanks!

@viewer - will mail you the pics.

@shankari - actually a pretty senior manager whom doesn't interact in day to day activities.

@mythreyee - you bet!

@casa - yeah, I should've sent her one. Maybe I'll show her the pics I took.