Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Paradise Found!

Once upon a time, Mother Nature decided to deck herself up. She chose a ocean's shore for that. She had a range of mountains end right at the ocean. She added her usual greenery on the mountains. At some places, she let the mountains slope gently into the waters. At others she made it a sheer drop from the heights to the waters.

Then in a gracious mind, she let the human beings build a road right at the cusp. Travelling through the road, with mountains staring you down on one side and waves rushing at you on the other is an amazing experience. The only road (atleast among I've seen) which has a sign cautioning about the surf coming onto disturb your travel. The road, which you can stop on your way through, to frolic in the beaches (which I did). The road which is panorama personified. It is like living through a series of those beautiful picture post cards which you get but wonder which place it is. No photo can justify the actual beauty. No digicam can capture the beauty drunk by your eye. An early morning drive in which Nature plays with you by rolling a fog from the ocean blocking your view momentarily then revealing herself in all her glory.

Paradise on earth!
Pacific Coastal Highway!

Also called Route 1 or Cabrillo highway, I took the stretch from Los Angeles to San Francisco. An out of the world experience.

When talking about Colorado's beauty Teddy Roosevelt said, “The descriptions would bankrupt the English language.” My vocabulary fails miserably when I strive to capture the sublime beauty of the Pacific Trail. I consider myself fortunate to have had the chance to travel along it.

13 comments:

Rajesh &Shankari said...

hwy 1 is awesome, did you get a chance to go Hearst Ccastle and all.Post some pics...

Has to be me said...

Wow! I envy u! I love to go on such trips too. I've been on many but last few yrs haven't really managed much. v.nicely written. Wish i wud get my turn soon too.

EYE said...

John Denver was also inspired... Rocky Mountain High

Viewer said...

We still need tosee the pics .. .whereare u dont see u around these days at my blog busy ?

Jinguchakka said...

@shankari - Hwy 1 was part of a very long 3000 mile trip. So didn't visit place and didn't check out for them too, so didn't get to know of Hearst Castle.

@hastobeme - yeah, long trips are enjoyable. Plan well ahead for one.

@me - JD talks abt NW Colorado. The entire state is beautiful though.

@viewer - I do regularly check your blog. I had checked it right upto the Springlets photo. The next two have been posted by you while I went away on vacation.

EYE said...

yes I've read the Alchemist. Something to do with Colarado?

Casablanca said...

Btw, Sulekha has mirrored your blog and I doubt they took your permission for it.
I chanced upon the blog when I was searching for links to mine...

http://srimonami.sulekha.com/blogs/blogdisplay.aspx?cid=66101

Sidewinder said...

wow....srini upload some photos....

Jinguchakka said...

@me - No. Not about Colorado. You talked abt searching for something and finding it within. IN that context, I referred Alchemist.

@Casa - I didn't check Sulekha, but yeah, they sent me a mail on that.

@Sidewinder - How is Singapore dude?

janani said...

Hey good you had a great trip! :-) This used to be one of the routes in NFS 2! :-)

M (tread softly upon) said...

are u back yet? no posts for awhile....

Jinguchakka said...

@janani - You bet!

@m - Yes, I'm back. I have to do a new post. A mini writer's block.
:-)

P.S. Oh! That was an excuse, Plain lazy I am. I'll overcome it in a day or two.

Vinesh said...

Like you said, maybe pictures can't do justice.... but for those of us less fortunate, we could do with some pictures of paradise :-)