Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Reality check! (Fiction in fifty-five)

He was with his fiancee. Mercenaries sprang on them.The road was deserted, but courage didn't desert him. He fought them off, and saved his damsel from distress. The night show ended and lonely he walked, whistling to himself,putting down his panic. But no whistling would save from his waiting shrew of a wife.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Janani, for tagging me to write a 55 word fiction. An one hundred and fifty-five word short story and ruthless paring for an hour, resulted in this rule-conforming output. It was an eye-opener in that it made me realise the redundant, superfluent, unnecessary, needless and dispensable flab in my fable. :-)

9 comments:

ada-paavi!!!! said...

nice story, and the last line bout the story was de best!!

Viewer said...

Hey how the hell did u get so much spam on ur comment box ????

Although the first one (by julian silvian) seemed a little funny to me :P

Anonymous said...

Haha! I can't wait till he gets home. >:-)

janani said...

Hey that's a great story! :-) Happy I tagged you. :-)
And how are you getting spam despite word verification??

Jinguchakka said...

@vatsan - Thanks for your review :-)
@viewer - :-(( what to do?

@ flickerin'flame - that's the reality! :-))

@janani - Thank you, J! I curtsey. :-)). And reg spammers, I turned the word-veri on, a bit late. normally doing a word-veri is a bother for the person commenting. But I had to bring in that. :-(

Viewer said...

Hey emailing is a pain dude.... why dont u put the word verifier in ur comments box that would be good enough :)

Rohan Kumar said...

Hey have u turned of the comments in the post above this one? Personally I havent turned on word verificn as its a pain to type in the combination. Just delete the spam posts as and when u get them.
I must add that it was easily the most refreshing of the 55 word things that I have read till now

Jinguchakka said...

Honest Guys! I didn't know what I did when I turned the word verification on. the comments link just went away. i am trying for the past two days to bring it back. :-((

Viewer said...

hey i think u too need to come up with a new post :)