Friday, January 06, 2006

Food to the hungry; Friends to the lonely!

I've seen pictures of pythons after a meal. A monstrous bulge in the middle of their slithering body indicating the size of the creature they have swallowed. How the python must be feeling! It can't move, the prey weighing in like an anchor. How it must have been for the python to starve for a long period and suddenly having to stuff itself with so big a meal at one go!

I can understand its feelings. After going without a leave for more than 8 months, I managed to finagle a leave of absence for a princely 7 days. In those seven days I was to catch up with my friends and relatives for the past months that I've not seen them. Too little time to achieve that. And I end up feeling guilty towards everyone for not devoting enough time. I was like the python gobbling up whatever I could manage, boning up on all events that I missed out, enjoying the camraderie as much as I can. Not with anyone, I spent as much as I wished!

And now I'm back at work, far removed from my friends. Only the memories are with me, still to be dwelt and digested. And the next meal is far away, beyond the time horizon!

7 comments:

Viewer said...

hey good see u back in action dost :) hope u enjoyed ur short princely vacation:)
Happy new year !

Viewer said...

well both our psot are on similar topic too ( i just realised that )

Jinguchakka said...

Thanks for your encouragement. :-)

Casablanca said...

Hey, no vacation is ever enough! But as you said, there are lots of memories still waiting to be digested. So bring them back, and think them over, whenever you need to :)

Paravai said...

Silmisam... yesterday i went to Udupi restaurant in charlotte... It was a breakfast and Lunch buffet... yup it was south indian buffet with unlimited vada, dosa, uthappam, idly, onion bajji... vada... it was like going home after 3 months of exile... and the charge was under 10$... can u believe that... and one more news... Rehman live performance is scheduled in march @ Atlanta... wat say ya?

Butterfly said...

So did u feel a weight off your head...!!!

totti said...

It should be easier to stay in touch with your cellphone buddy, though.But nothing beats relaxed hanging out with fried.