Saturday, January 21, 2006

Preening myself

When I was in Chennai last month, I visited my previous organization. I have a big gang of friends there, and pretty close they are to me.Nearly 2 years have passed since I quit. It's a home like thing to me still. I know almost eveybody there, even now, after so many changes.
I stroll in. It's a six storey building and I used to work in the fifth floor. I walk to the lift. A group forms waiting for the lift to come.
A person suddenly smiles at me. I don't know him. I smile back at him.
"Are you not here anymore?", he asks me.
"No".
"Have you been transferred to any other place?", he asks.
"No, I quit", I say.
Again we trade smiles, and we are on our way. He is a customer, who has been attended to, by me. A long time ago, and I don't even remember him. Well, it's a service organization and scores of customers come daily. But it's a big organization and the staff also, are considerable in number.
I was happy inside, thinking somebody remembers me even after such a long time. It seems I am good at CRM, after all!
Ofcourse, customers remember you even better, if you are bad at service.
The guy wasn't scowling at me, though.

11 comments:

Casablanca said...

If the customer service is good, the CRM is remembered. If the customer service is bad, the company is remembered ;)

Jinguchakka said...

True! lol. Even I remember such companies!

Preethi Mahalingam said...

its www.emode.com ...thths where i tuk the friends test

Rita said...

Yup. It does feel nice when you realsie that someone remembers you after years. It means that you ust have done something worth remembering! :)

Dinesh Babuji said...

Congrats dude! Good for you. :)

Ashok said...

oye..enna ya..eppadi irukkinga...

CRM ---hmmm!

Ashok said...

oye..enna ya..eppadi irukkinga...

CRM ---hmmm!

Sidewinder said...

srini..we could have met ... hmmm. any way ..so if you are going to US anytime.. dont forget to get a transit visa for paris.

Sugee said...

do I know u srinivas? R u my classmate by any chance?

totti said...

Yeah.It feels good when some of my students say Hi to me on Campus.Some , however, seem to stare right through me.The cute ones, for most

Jinguchakka said...

@ preethi, Rita & Dinesh - Thanks!

@Ana - How are you buddy? How abt a IM chat sometime? You are never online in gtalk.
@Peechi - Growing a french beard? lol. btw, I transit via Frankfurt. So chennai, it will have to be. :-(

@Sugee - Nope. You don't know me.
@totti - Are you saying that you are getting "hi"s from too many of the same gender while the opposite gender stares you through? Check you out in the mirror mate! lol