Sunday, September 18, 2005

Amputated!!

God! I realise now how painful it would be when you lose a limb. It hurts like hell. There is nothing left but a ghost of a limb. You search frantically for it, only to despair over its absence. You miss it sorely. When it was there, you take it for granted. You abuse your limb like anything. It takes its revenge by leaving you. Oh! What I would give to get my limb back!

Yeah! I had to separate from my mobile. I am on a short term visit outside India and had to part with my dearest and most beloved. My mobile! And it has left a void in me. No people I can call. No person I can yak-yak to. I wail out loud. At Delhi airport itself, I feel the absence sorely. It makes me frustrated. I feel like hitting a wall. Impotent rage, as I can do nothing and international roaming is not an option for a guy eking out his per diem. Hmm.......

Let's see how I survive the next three months.
Maybe I actually miss my family of friends whom I reach out through my mobile. And maybe the mobile is just a metaphor.

P.S: I find that net cafes are not a rage in the U.S and till I buy/set up my system, my blogging too might suffer. At a time when I find so much to blog about!!

12 comments:

Ashok said...

cool srini...dont u worry..its in the safe hand...i a maintaining it...i use it only after office hours...only point is, it fell 4-5 times from our 2nd floor to the bike stand down...trust me..i will take care ...but the chances wether it will have good mic or good receiver at the end of 3 months might be a difficult guessing. how's US of A..

Anonymous said...

You had me frightened...Haha. Don't worry. You'll get through. just think of me. I've always been cell-ibate.

Sidewinder said...

AAAAWWWWW ,eeerrkkk srini without mobile ! mmmmmm I cant even imagine the scene ! How u gonna manage?????? mm?

janani said...

You are on a 3month visit to US and you are complaining about cell???? :-) Have fun dude!

Paravai said...

mm an expected one from you Silmisam... by the way check my blog...

Rohan Kumar said...

Have fun in States, where all r u visiting?

Vinesh said...

Oh my GOD!

I can't even imagine that happening :-( I wish I could say, "Hope you get back your cell" :-(

KM said...

i felt the same way in india...i missed its constant presence in my back pocket.
theres something so reassuring about a cell phone!

totti said...

Yeah..i totally agree..initially i had qualms about shelling out 50-60 bucks a month..but now i can't go newhere without my cell

Jinguchakka said...

@ Ana - It's not your bike to abuse. My mobile! Take care!!

@Flickering-flame - What does celli-bate mean, my friend? Without a cell? I shudder at the thought.
@ Sidewinder - What to do, Peechi? For the sake of office, I suffer such. :-))
@ Janani - Three hours i can't be without my cell, Janani. Now I am the highest usage customer of Reliance calling card!!
@ Senthil - You too Mr. Munni?
@ Rohan - I'd be based at Chicago.
@ Vinesh - Thanks for empathising, Vinesh.
@Khizzy - Cell in your back pocket?? Hope you don't sit on it! lol. :-))
@ totti - Yeah, buddy. Money doesn't matter when you are hooked on to the mobile.

Naveen said...

Hi srini..how are you doing..
First things first..sorry for not meeting up in delhi..Spicejet sucks..
delay 5 hrs..couldnt communicate that to you..anyway..
How is life ?

Ashok said...

hey mu pulsar and ur nokia are in different leauge altogether..whatever i do understand ur pain...because its not 3 months because its goint to be 0ne and half year as u will be coming to india for a short visit after 3 months..but the irony is i won't be here for tahn reunion of u and ur nokia..u will have to come to jamshedpur for that probabaly..which u can't do..so i am sorry..u better forget ur mobile and learn to live without it...my deepest condolences...