Friday, June 24, 2005

Sudoku! Here I come!

I have caught on Sudoku! It is a problem of a 9x9 square, where you will have to fill them up in a particular fashion by 9 sets of numbers from 1 to 9. The number in a cell should not be placed again in the row, column and 3x3 square of which the cell is a member. You can see the puzzle in a way, like, a particular number would not allow its type in the row, column and square of which it is a subset.It is pretty much like mafia family carving up territories. You have to arrange the gangsters(numbers) in a way that they reside peacefully.Almost every news paper worth its pulp, now publish Sudoku. I started with Hindu which has the easiest puzzles. Hindustan Times has a bit more tougher puzzles. Sudoku website scared me stiff! Easier puzzles bore me. I am lazy to try the tougher ones! Anyway, I end up leaving them after, say, 120 seconds!!

No comments: