Friday, August 04, 2006

Signs

Today out of curiosity I walk to the ATM in my office. I swipe my Debit card and check my bank balance. A rude shock. My balance is less than $ 10! Not enough for even a tank of gas. Ofcourse tomorrow is pay day but still, I've never fared this worse before.

It's a languid afternoon and I crave for a coffee. Starbucks depletes me by another dollar and 39 cents. Praying that no misfortune should happen on the long drive home, I start from office. Safely I reach home. I have a mail. A credit card waits for me! I am informed that my application has been approved and after performing the necessary security ritual, I am bestowed with credit!!
I doubt whether this is a good omen!
:-)

13 comments:

Has to be me said...

Kavalai padathey sahothara.........
Good omen-o, bad omen-o......just chill n enjoy!

EYE said...

that's life at the end of the month

Rajesh &Shankari said...

ayyo less that $10 aa...save pannugo for a rainy day like today. credit cards are evil...

jhantu said...

tis is a great omen as long as you can aford to pay the minimums.. but 10 bucks now lets see, hmmm, but then again payday is near..

so go for it I say

Paravai said...

yAra emAtha pAkkureenga... meedhi cash ellAm withdraw panni thalavAnikku adiyila olichu vachu irukkeenga thAne...

janani said...

Hmmm $10 vechundu, if you want %1.5 coffee, then a credit card is great omen :-)

Rohan Kumar said...

Yeah time to finally buy that Ferrari you have been craving for ;) (and of course I am talking of the Hot Wheels variety)

Jinguchakka said...

@hastobeme - :-) easily said!
@me - yup :-(
@shankari - somehow saving is not my forte. Money tends to slip out of my hands like water through a sieve.
@jhantu - :-)
@paravai - I don't live in Blythewood, SC.
@janani - edhir paaraadha selavu! :-(
@rohan - Ofcourse, only the Hotwheels one is within my means now! :-(

M (tread softly upon) said...

Thank God for little blessings: like credit!

Casablanca said...

Sigh. Another one falls.

Ooops, I shouldnt be complaining. I'm a banker after all ;)

Jinguchakka said...

@m - :-)
@casa - Hi buddy! How are you?

Mythreyee said...

LOL! hope the situation's better now! :D and credit IS a dangerous thing! :)

Viewer said...

oye lets party ! we have to see if ur new card works or no hai na ? :D