Thursday, August 10, 2006

Musings of the moment!

Every afternoon after 2 o'clock, I feel very sleepy. Sometimes it is difficult to just see the monitor, and having the cube in an aisle which is like a main street with everyone walking by, it is difficult to catch a shut eye. I wonder whether it is possible to have jet lag even after nearly a year of living in a different time zone?

When I lamented that I never got around to meddle with my blog template, my dear friend retorted, "you males are always lazy". !! Is being lazy a male trait? I never knew that. So are we males the weaker sex, handicapped by the "lazy" gene? Do any of you gazillion readers of my blog know of any lazy female? {Gazillion is number less than 15, I am told}. Or are lazy females actually men in drag? whoa! A simple accusation and my mind veers off into countless logical avenues! Ofcourse if laziness is a male trait, then I am the most virile and macho guy to be found! When a task is to be completed by the n'th minute, (n+1)th minute finds itself kicking me shouting, "Start on the task, yo man!".

Why the only day I decide to leave early has the manager sitting late?


I am trying for a full page post, but thoughts dry up as soon as they start. It is not that I don't get topics to write on. But the topics that come to my mind, come very shy, limiting themselves to one or two paragraphs at the most. Can this be the writer's trickle, the precursor to the much abused writer's block?

14 comments:

Casablanca said...

Simple solution.
Online shopping for those lazy afternoons!!! You will stay awake and entertained. Of course, given that you have a brand new credit card, this is also a very easily implementable solution ;)

Has to be me said...

U cud blog hop to keep awake! And as regards the lazy men, I guess she just mentioned to annoy u cos laziness is not gender based but varies individual to individual. So happy eating n happy dozzzing! ;)

janani said...

Men are lazy. Period. :-))) But the converse isn't necessarily true ;-)

janani said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jinguchakka said...

@casa - My office is at the edge of the civilization. Besides shopping is a female activity. :-) Can't bring myself to do it. Good to see you back.
@hastobeme - Blog hop, I do a lot. Still, I am sleepy!
@janani - Ho funda girl! nee surusuruppu thilagamO? :-)

Rajesh &Shankari said...

yeah, she just said that so you will do something abt it.
enna essay eladanuma? school nyabagam polla?

Casablanca said...

Umm.. since your office is at the edge of civilisation, you can do ONLINE shopping :p
Too sleepy to read eh? ;)

PS: I know tons of guys who buy books and gadgets online... its not a gender issue anymore, methinks.

M (tread softly upon) said...

looks like a lot of people are at the writers block!

Rohan Kumar said...

Buy a baseball hat and at times you feel sleepy use the palm of ur hand as a headrest and grab a quick nap. Trust me it gives the impression of someone who's lost in deep thought and toally absorbed with his work, even to nyone walking rite by your desk.

Point 5 said...

I can totally understand the act of battling to stay awake next to ur monitor post-lunch....I undergo that every afternoon, but sometimes I retreat to a different lab which is less traversed and try to catch a quick forty winks

Jinguchakka said...

@shanks - I have seen bloggers write huge posts which holds one's interest right to the end. I want to try that. :-)
@casa - If we do it, it's called purchase. If you do it, it's called shopping. Ofcourse, I purchase all the time! :-) I have a weakness for music CDs.
@pooja - Do I see a sibling rivalry here? :-) Anyway thanks for buttressing me.
@m - It's that time of the year, dear!
@rohan - WOW! A rookie at work, you are, and you already have identified standard evasion practices of sleep detection!!
@pointy - I have no such luck dude!

Terri the terrific said...

Srini (I can call you that, I hope, since I'm related to somebody of the same name), it looks like we discovered each other at around the same time. I don't know how I came here last week, but I put everything on hold and went through your archives.
A most productive day it was!

Mythreyee said...

u can listen 2 some good music and make fone calls in the afternoon, at the company's expense :P when you're feelin sleepy! does help with me! :)

and ur thoughts need some laxative :D

Ekta said...

definately a mans trait...most men I know definately have the lazy bone in them!!