Saturday, April 22, 2006

All jazz; No moss!

Recently, I got hooked on Rolling Stone magazine. My roommate had a subscription and when it ended I found myself buying it in stores.

Primarily it deals with music and news from the music world. It also dabbles in politics and leaning towards the Democrats as the music and arts world tend to. From what I have seen, almost everyone in entertainment and music industry seem to be Democrats or atleast viciously against Republicans.

I got to hear some very good music (to me) due to Rolling Stones. Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon, White Stripes and Hawthorne Heights for example. I found that the albums live up to their recommendations.

Another thing I liked about the mag is the investigative piece they do. Every issue contains a detailed expose on any one topic. Be it the ongoing war or Scientology or some cop who is on a witchhunt they meticulously back up their line of view.

The mag has a zany sense of humour streaking through, too.

A cool read, but wouldn't make you intelligent in any way.
Who cares!
:-)

3 comments:

janani said...

So you are catching up on your reading - cool! :-)

Viewer said...

not much of a music person

Jinguchakka said...

@janani - :-)mikka nandri!

@viewer - You? Me? :-)