Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Load of crap! - Out of context!

These days I am fully dunked in jargonese - jargons and officialese, a heady mix indeed!
I am just giving some samples below, plain english and what it gets transformed into.


I don't have enough time - I don't have the bandwidth.

We'll use the information - We'll leverage the material

2 people are needed for this work - 2 resources are needed for this assignment/project

Tell what you have understood - Prepare a functional appreciation document

Prepare a PPT - Prepare a deck

:-)

6 comments:

Viewer said...

I have a deadline - I have a deliverable today :D

Oh i hate those highly decorated statements esp when they are used just to show that u are the only person working among the entire team.

Jinguchakka said...

@viewer - :-) Not only that, Big words make one feel that what he/she has done is a big thing.
So, how are you?

Viewer said...

@jinguchakka: Am good. Much better than the last time you asked me this same question :) And how are u ? Seems like u have a busy schedule these days ...since u returned from USA

Viewer said...

New look ??? Cool ! Happy New Yr btw

just mad said...

One more -
Where are we gonna catch-up for the meeting ?
How about a virtual conf dude ?

:)

Alameen said...

papa: when are you planning to get married?

son: I don't have much visibility..

papa: Don't wait.. consult a doctor now itself...